Friday 14 March 2014

Pizza e Patate

I've come to discover that this blog appears to be incorrectly titled.
I do love bread, but lately it seems that the dough that my hands get stuck into, more often than not produces something other than bread.



Do bear with me though while I discuss the latest of my adventures in dough; whereby a delicious pizza was the end result.
After the kneading and folding (my favourite things) and two hours of 'sleep', the dough was ready to be dressed up for a 45 minute rendezvous in the oven.
But before that - to get it into it's pre-party state there was a pile of flour, a dash of water, a pinch of salt, and some yeast.



Hand made with the assistance of my darling Italian; Pizza e Patate takes the idea of Roman focaccia and and molds it in the typical Napolitan style. A white pizza topped with sliced potatoes, rosemary, and mozzarella sounds slightly odd but I can assure you, it tastes fantastic.



And now I've come to the end of the post and realised that I don't have a picture of the cooked pizza, after coming out of the oven. Take it from me, it indeed looked as delicious as it tasted.


The Bread Loaver








No comments:

Post a Comment